Samstag, 24. Juli 2010

Wildlife sanctuary and the Gold Coast

25th of July 2010:

Yesterday I went on a trip offered by the QUT. We got up very early in the morning to catch the bus that left downtown. After 1,5 hours of travel we arrived at the Wildlife sanctuary. I can't remember the name right now. Anyway, I got to see Kagaroos, Tazmanian Devils, deadly Snakes (Taipan), Koalas and many more. So that was interesting, even though I expected a little more. The park is quite small.

After about 2 hours in the park, we took our buses to Coolongata, which is a nice little town at the Gold coast. There we had a decent lunch and a nice walk at the beach.

The trip ended with a quick visit at Surfers Paradise, where Henrik (Sweden) and I took a bath in the ocean.

After we got back we had a nice party at our house and a lot of goon (cheap wine).


So cute. To hold a koala and get a picture taken costs about 30 dollars. Crazy rip off! Guess, I have to catch one or two in the wild then.



Strange animals. Two headed something. Tail looks like the head for distraction.

Forgot the name but it is cute and can "fly" up to 50 meters from tree to tree. Only exists in Australia.

The scary Taipan.


I saw a lot deadly snakes. One attacked me, as you can see. I had to strangle that python.

Finally I got to pad some Kagaroos.

A huge crocodile. At least 5 meters long. Have never seen such a big scary one.

Rare picture. A Koala having a baby in the arm.

The Tazmanian Devil.

Coolongata.

nice surf spot.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Na, wie gefällt dir mein "altes Zuhause"? =) Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary war das und Sugar Glider das Tier. Habs eben nachgeguckt, weil wir es in Sydney in der freien Wildbahn gesucht hatten. =)
    Miss you!

    AntwortenLöschen