Samstag, 31. Juli 2010

Glashouse Mountains & Noosa

1st of August, 2010:

Yesterday, I rented a car and drove with 3 other friends to the Glashouse Mountains. Captain Cook gave them their name. Apparently, I had something to do with him seeing them in the mist from the ocean or whatsoever.

It was an adventurous trip. The Glashouse Mountains are fantastic. Old extinct vulcanos formed incredible Mountains in the middle of a flat lanscape. Of course we wanted to climb one of these fellows.

I would have never thought, it was that steep and that I actually had to do free climbing. Those, who do read the waysigns have a big advantage. (I read the Warning sign below two minutes ago, while looking at the pictures.)



We were rewarded with an incredible view around to see the ocean, other glashouse mountains and amazing nature. @Arne: Sorry, mate. You will only be able to enjoy this sight on pictures. Being afraid of height is an absolute "no-go" when going up on those mountains.


The way up proved to be a lot harder than the way down and I was glad to reach the car alive (seriously!). After this sweaty and breathtaking workout, we decided to drive to the Ocean to go swimming.

We went to Noose, a very famous little upper class town about 150 km north of Brisbane. Some of us had some 7-dollar-ice cream or beer. The ocean was just what I needed. The refreshing sea gave me new strength for the 2,5 hour trip back home.


We arrived in Brissie at around 8pm and had some beer and wine.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen