Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2010

My Aussie home

30th of July, 2010:

I am sitting in my room and am bored and slightly tired. Yesterday, we had a big "pub crawl", which means after having had a few drinks at home we went down town and signed up for a tour leading us to various clubs and bars throughout town. The crawl was organised by norwegian students. There were about 200 people joining, each having a t-shirt identifying us as "pub-crawler". We received all sorts of specials in the clubs (free drinks, key chains etc). It was fun.

Well, since I have some time to kill I decided to upload some pictures of my Aussie home in Brisbane. I live in a newly renovated "Queenslander" house with 29 rooms. Yes, I now live with 28 other people in one massive house. It's very international. We have people from Sweden (6), Norway (4), Canada (2), USA (1), Germany (12), Chili (1), England (4). We have two big kitchens - one upstairs, one downstairs, and 8 toilets, 5 bathrooms with showers. So there is no long waiting for the shower or whatever.

We also have a little backyard with a new BBQ which is very nice, since meat is cheap over here, whereas milk products are insanely expensive. Here are a few pictures.


This is my bike. I bought it from a second hand bike shop around the corner for 80 dollars (+35 for the mandatory helmet +15 for a lock). With the helmet on my head I look even more like a retard.

This is the hallway of the upper floor. The lower floor looks similar.

Our house in 12 Vulture Street, West End, Brisbane.

Our little backyard with the BBQ.

My (untidy) room. I bought a reading light.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen