Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2010

Melbourne

Wednesday, the 8th of December:

It's pouring down in buckets. A rainy day is just what I need to catch up on a few things. After getting up I went to the gym, the pool, the spa and the sauna. I am really enjoying those luxurious things since I know that, when Arne comes over and we start to travel, things will be quite different in term of comfort. But of course I am very much looking forward to start travelling again.

My stay in Melbourne has been great. I was so happy to see Loretta and Roger and to spent about two weeks here. I also saw quite a lot of Melbourne:

- inner city: Federation Square
- the Melbourne Museum (twice)
- Como Historic House & Garden (a tiny museum)
- serveral churches
- the botanic gardens
- the Rad Laver Arena (Australian Open)
- St. Kilda (a nice suburb with a beach, bars, etc)
- South Yarra
- Old Melbourne Gaol (only from the outside)

Things I would like to do with Arne:
- Free Shuttle bus, which goes through the city
- going up the Eureka Tower
- Melbourne Art Gallery (next to the museum)
- Old Melbourne Gaol (inside)

Last weeks Kathi and Karo came to Melbourne and we met Saturday night to go out and party. Therefore I went to their hostel in the city, where we had a few drinks before going into town to party. I must admit, I was relatively drunk and had a headache the morning after. I haven't been drunk for months. Maybe I am not used to alcohol any more.

Sunday afternoon we met again at the Museum, which we visited the second time, because it is really good. We also had a look at the old Melbourne Gaol (prison) and went into the city to have lunch. At last we had a walk along the river and split. It was nice not to do all this sight seeing alone for once.



















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen