Sonntag, 15. August 2010

Springbrook National Park

15th of August, 2010

This weekend "the Pope" (Benedikt) and me rented a car each and took six other friends to the Springbrook National Park (south west of Brisbane). We decided to go hiking again. As usual the trip proved to be a real success. It's always nice to get out of the city and simply enjoy the fantastic australian nature.

The Springbrook NP is a lot smaler than the neighboring Lamington NP but quite a lot prettier. We decided to stay over night on a very small campgound in the midst of the NP. The evening after a 6- hour- hike was a lot of fun. Of course we brought some drinks and nice food (hamburgers - a bbq was available). Yet we didn't take into the account that it was going to be a lot colder than on North Stradbroke Island, so I ALMOST FROZE TO DEATH. I only took my summer sleeping back and a bunch of t-shirts for the next day. Big mistake. It was -3 dregrees and everything froze. I tried to survive alone in my little tent (the other person I was going to share my tent with flew into some kind of tent).

After some hours of hopeless attempt to find sleep, I decided to squeeze into the 3-person tent of my friends, which was already occupied by four others. We managed to fit all the five of us. Even though it was much warmer, sleep was hardly possible. Next time I will be smarter!

Satarday morning we went on another small hike, which was less fun due to my pityfull condition after the restless night before.

We decided to drive to Coolangatta - a nice beach - to spend the afternoon in the sun. When we got there I was happy to find ALDI and bought German bread, cheese, sausages and so on. Since it was very windy and cold at the beach, we only stayed 2 hours in C. and then made our way home to Brisbane.

It was a fun trip and I enjoyed being the driver, as usual, since I was the only one with enough space in our little rental cars.


Hey Sina and Jolle! In my desperate situation I had to find some substitutes for you guys. Hope you don't mind :-p

Don't let me off the leash!

Lots of caves, tunnels and big rocks.

Under a waterfall. Beautiful. Sadly, Caro was not with me.

We had a beautiful BBQ this night. A real feast.

And again some really ugly rainforest pictures.

Uncountable waterfalls on the way.

This time we made it before dark. Last time was just too scary in the Lamington National Park.

Alex (Denmark) has become a dear friend and a true globetrotter. He has been everywhere in the world. Our two rental cars in the background and some random people :-p


Our campsite: We are starting to fight off the oncoming cold with goon and other drugs. Up to now everything is okay. A horrorable night lies ahead of us.

In the morning. Fog and frost as far as the eye can see!


Kookaburra, also known as "lachender Hans" (see wikipedia). Makes strange noises.

In the morning.

Great lookout. Gold coast.



A billabong. Some crazy aussies went in.

1 Kommentar:

  1. FÜR UNS GIBT ES KEINEN ERSATZ!!!
    Du fehlst uns hier! =( Vergiss uns nicht!!!

    AntwortenLöschen